We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
True or False?
Methods of Thawing
- In the cooler
- Under running drinkable water at 70˚F (21˚C) or lower
- In a microwave
- As part of the cooking process
Minimum Internal Cooking Temperatures
- Swordfish steaks: 145˚F (63˚C) for 15 seconds
- Whole chicken: 165˚F (74˚C) for 15 seconds
- Pork chops: 145˚F (63˚C) for 15 seconds
- Ground-beef patties: 155˚F (68˚C) for 15 seconds
- Glazed carrots for hot-holding: 135˚F (57˚C)
- Place it in an ice-water bath and stir it.
- Stir the chili with ice paddles.
- Place it in a blast chiller.
The chili could also be made with less water than required. Cold water or ice could then be added after cooking to cool the chili and provide the remaining water.
- Who is responsible to write or adopt code that regulates retail and foodservice operations?
State and local regulatory authorities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- When raw meat or seafood required to wash thoroughly under running water?
before removing from its packaging
before combining with other ingredients
if food not presented honestly
- What you should do, “If food has not reached 70˚F within 2 hours”?
must be reheated
must be discarded
Inform to the management
must be reheated and then cooled again or discarded
- Match each food item with its minimum internal cooking temperature by dragging the following options (in ascending order)
Swordfish steaks – 145˚F (63˚C) for 15 seconds
- To cool food safely, what are the time and temperature parameters a food handler must know (select all that apply)
Food is to be cooled from 60°C (140°F) to 20°C (68°F) within 2 hours.
Then, food is to be cooled from 20°C (68°F) to 4°C (40°F) or colder within 4 hours.
Either option A or B must is done in the refrigerator
option A AND B must is done in the refrigerator
option A AND B must be done using ICE
- What is the danger when thawing food at room temperature?
Poor personal hygiene
All of the above
- What is the minimum internal cooking temperature for eggs that will be hot-held for later service?
- Beef stew must be cooled from 135F to 70F within ____ hours and From 70F to 41F or lower in the next _____ hours
- Which of the following (select four) acceptable methods of thawing food?
keeping its temperature at 41°F (5°C) or lower
Thaw food at room temperature
Submerge food under running water at 70°F (21°C) or lower
thawing under running wate
Thaw food in a microwave, only if cooked immediately after thawing
Thaw as part of the cooking process
- Fish cooked in a microwave must be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145˚F (63˚C)
- Match the alternate cooking times with the following temperatures (move the temp by dragging according to the same timing order)
8 minutes – 142˚F(61˚C)
- The first step in cooling TCS food is to cool it from 135˚F to 70˚F (57˚C to 21˚C) within three hours.
- Cook a whole turkey to a minimum internal cooking temperature of 155˚F (68˚C) for 15 seconds.
- What is the minimum internal cooking temperature for eggs, meat, poultry, and seafood cooked in a microwave?
- Coolers are designed to cool hot food quickly.
- When food can be reheated to any temperature for Immediate Service? (select all that apply)
If it was a processed food
if it was cooked
if it was purchased from approved suppliers
if it cooled correctly
If it was TCS food
- What is the correct way to cool a 30-pound turkey?
Put the hot turkey inside the cooler
Leave the hot turkey on prep table
Divide the turkey into small portions and place it into ice path
Place it in an ice-water bath
- What are the time and temperature for reheating TCS food for holding?
135⁰F for 15 seconds within 2 hours
165⁰F for 15 seconds within 2 hours
145⁰F for 15 seconds within 2 hours
140⁰F for 15 seconds within 2 hours
- What must you do immediately after thawing food in a microwave?
Check the internal temperature
- What is the minimum internal cooking temperature for stuffed pork chops?
Other Servsafe Quiz Answer
|Chapter 1: Providing Safe Food
|ServSafe Chapter 1 Quiz Answers
|Chapter 2: Forms of Contamination
|ServSafe Chapter 2 Quiz Answers
|Chapter 3: Personal Hygiene
|ServSafe Chapter 3 Quiz Answer
|ServSafe Chapter 4 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 5 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 6 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 7 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 8 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 9 Quiz Answers
|ServSafe Chapter 10 Quiz Answers
Was this helpful?
The Quizzma Team is a collective of experienced educators, subject matter experts, and content developers dedicated to providing accurate and high-quality educational resources. With a diverse range of expertise across various subjects, the team collaboratively reviews, creates, and publishes content to aid in learning and self-assessment.
Each piece of content undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy, relevance, and clarity. The Quizzma Team is committed to fostering a conducive learning environment for individuals and continually strives to provide reliable and valuable educational resources on a wide array of topics. Through collaborative effort and a shared passion for education, the Quizzma Team aims to contribute positively to the broader learning community.