We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Let us know about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
- Which of the following you can prevent cross-contamination? (Select all that apply)
Monitor time and temperature
Cleaning and sanitizing
Prepping food at different times
- Chicken held at an internal temperature of 125˚F (52˚C) has been time-temperature abused.
- Some thermometers cannot be calibrated.
- Bimetallic thermometers are designed for which kind of foods? (select all that apply)
large or thick food
- At what temperature you should hold your cold foods?
41⁰F or lower
40⁰F to 45⁰F
41⁰F or above
At 41⁰F only
- What do you mean by Time-Temperature Indicator (TTI)?
monitors time and temperature during a cooking
monitors time and temperature during handling the food
monitors time and temperature at the time of eating the food
monitors time and temperature during a shipment
- Thermometers used to measure the temperature of food must to accurate to _____?
1 +/- 2˚F or +/- 1˚C
+/-2F or +/-1C.
- When you should wash, rinse, sanitize, and air-dry your thermometers?
after using them
before using them
before each shift
before and after using them
- Infrared/Laser thermometers will only measure what kind of temperature of food?
checking temperatures of thin food
the temperature of food and equipment surfaces
checking temperatures of thick food
- How long should you wait after inserting a bimetallic stemmed thermometer before recording the temperature of food?
- If food required reheat then at what temperature should be reheated?
- Rinsing a cutting board will prevent cross-contamination with the next food item placed on it
- At what temperature you should hold your hot foods?
135⁰F or lower
Must be at 135⁰F
135⁰F or higher
all ways higher than 135⁰F
- Place a probe into the _____ part of the food.
- Which of the following types of thermocouple probes used for checking different foods? (select all that apply)
- A food handler has finished trimming raw chicken on a cutting board and needs it to prep vegetables. What must be done to the cutting board?
It must be dried with a paper towel
It must be washed, rinsed, and sanitized
It must be turned over to the other side
All of the above
- Thermocouples are designed to
measure temperature through a metal probe
measure the temperature of equipment
measure the temperature of food
B and C both
- Which of the following temperature range at which foodborne pathogens grow most quickly?
41˚F (5˚C) to 135˚F (57˚C)
37˚F (3˚C) to 130˚F (55˚C)
70˚F (21˚C) to 125˚F (52˚C)
None of these
- How do you make sure your thermometers are accurate?
calibrated before each shift
calibrated after each shift
calibrated before each food preparation
calibrated after each food preparation
- Within how many degrees do thermometers need to be calibrated?