We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
True or False
- Surfaces must be sanitized before they are cleaned.
- Cleaning reduces the number of pathogens on a surface to safe levels.
- Utensils cleaned and sanitized in a three-compartment sink should be dried with a clean towel.
- Soaking items for 30 seconds in water at least 171˚F (77˚C) is an acceptable way to sanitize items.
When to Clean and Sanitize
- List the four instances when a food-contact surface must be cleaned and sanitized.
Answer: A food-contact surface should be cleaned and sanitized at these times:
- After it is used
- Before food handlers start working with a different type of food
- Any time food handlers are interrupted during a task and the items being used may have been contaminated
- After four hours if items are in constant use
Clean In-Place Equipment
- In what order must the steps for cleaning and sanitizing stationary equipment be completed?
- Unplug the equipment
- Take removable parts off and wash, rinse, and sanitize by hand or in a dishwasher if allowed
- Scrape or remove food from the equipment surface
- Wash the equipment surfaces
- Rinse the equipment surfaces with clean water
- Sanitize the equipment surfaces
- Allow the surfaces to air-dry
- List the five factors that affect a sanitizer’s effectiveness.
Here are the factors that affect a sanitizer’s effectiveness:
- Contact time
- Water hardness
Cleaning and Sanitizing in a Three-Compartment Sink
- Place the following steps for cleaning and sanitizing in a three-compartment sink in the correct order.
- Rinse, scrape, or soak items before washing them
- Wash items in the first sink.
- Rinse items in second sink.
- Sanitize items in third sink.
- Air-dry items on a clean and sanitized surface
Other Servsafe Quiz Answers
|Chapter 1: Providing Safe Food||ServSafe Chapter 1 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 2: Forms of Contamination||ServSafe Chapter 2 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 3: Personal Hygiene||ServSafe Chapter 3 Quiz Answer|
|Chapter 4||ServSafe Chapter 4 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 5||ServSafe Chapter 5 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 6||ServSafe Chapter 6 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 7||ServSafe Chapter 7 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 8||ServSafe Chapter 8 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 9||ServSafe Chapter 9 Quiz Answers|
|Chapter 10||ServSafe Chapter 10 Quiz Answers|
Was this helpful?
The Quizzma Team is a collective of experienced educators, subject matter experts, and content developers dedicated to providing accurate and high-quality educational resources. With a diverse range of expertise across various subjects, the team collaboratively reviews, creates, and publishes content to aid in learning and self-assessment.
Each piece of content undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy, relevance, and clarity. The Quizzma Team is committed to fostering a conducive learning environment for individuals and continually strives to provide reliable and valuable educational resources on a wide array of topics. Through collaborative effort and a shared passion for education, the Quizzma Team aims to contribute positively to the broader learning community.