We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
Question: Which ICS functional area tracks resources, collects and analyzes information, and maintains documentation?
Quick Answer: Planning.
This question is a part of FEMA IS-100.C answers.
The Planning Section in the Incident Command System (ICS) is responsible for tracking resources, collecting and analyzing information, and maintaining documentation related to the incident.
The Planning Section Chief leads this section and is responsible for providing planning services for the incident. This includes gathering, updating, and processing situational information, preparing and documenting Incident Action Plans (IAPs), tracking resources assigned to the incident, and maintaining incident documentation.
The Planning Section consists of several units, which might include:
- Resources Unit: Responsible for tracking all assigned resources at the incident, including personnel, equipment, teams, and supplies.
- Situation Unit: Collects, processes, and organizes ongoing situation information; prepares situation summaries; and develops projections and forecasts of future events related to the incident.
- Documentation Unit: Provides duplication services, including the written Incident Action Plan; maintains and archives all incident-related documentation.
- Demobilization Unit: Assists in ensuring that resources are released from the incident in an orderly, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Technical Specialists: Personnel with special skills that can be used anywhere within the ICS organization.
Resource: ICS Functional Area Descriptions