We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
Question: Which ICS functional area arranges for resources and needed services to support achievement of the incident objectives?
Quick Answer: Logistics.
This question is a part of FEMA IS-100.C answers.
The Logistics Section within the Incident Command System (ICS) is responsible for arranging for resources and needed services to support achievement of the incident objectives.
Under the direction of the Logistics Section Chief, this section provides all facilities, transportation, communications, supplies, equipment maintenance and fueling, food services, medical services for incident personnel, and emergency services.
Key activities of the Logistics Section can include:
- Ordering, receiving, processing, and storing all incident-related resources.
- Setting up food services for incident personnel.
- Setting up and maintaining incident facilities, including incident command posts and base and camp locations.
- Providing support transportation for incident personnel.
- Implementing traffic plan for the incident.
- Providing medical services to incident personnel.
- Developing the incident communications plan and providing communication services.