We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
Level C Unit 3 Choosing the Right Word Answers
Jane Addams wasn’t only profoundly (perturbed,instigated) by the suffering of other people but also tried hard to help them
great new discoveries in science can be made only by men and women with intellectual (compliance,audacity)
he has had such bad experiences with motorcycles that he has become extremely (audacious,skittish)
if we have to share the same locker please try to keep your things in the space(allotted,amassed)to you
perhaps in the long term(longevity,perspective)of history, some events that seem very important now will prove to be minor.
she had devoted her life to (amassing,minimizing)not material riches but the love,respect, and thanks of every member of this community
she delivered a simple, low-key speech, completely (devoid,relevant) of fancy language or emotional appeals
my neighbor has all kinds of colorful kites and wind socks (devoid, tethered)to stakes in her yard, claiming that they keep the deer from eating her plants.
the bitter strike closed shops, shut down factories, and (incapacitated,allotted)an entire industry for months
the defense has told you about the defendant’s unhappy childhood, but how is this (relevant,willful) to the question of innocence or guilt
MR. ponce knew that it was Tyler who blew the whistle in class, as tyler is always (amassing,instigating)trouble
i wonder why the camp directors were unwilling to(comply,vie)with my request to keep a pet snake in my tent
how do you explain the fact that in practically every country the (elite,longevity), of woman is greater than that of men
(willful,perturbed)with her son’s lazy ways, Ms. lowry called the boy into the house,demanding that he clean up his room immediately
as i glanced upward at the giant sequoia, i realized how (prodigiously, audaciously) tall these trees truly are
we will never have a well~organized or effective club if all the members insist (willfully,skittishly) on having their own way
as i stared at the luscious chocolate swirl cake,i bravely (incapacitated, grappled)with temptation～but the chocolate cake won
people who come from rich and socially prominent families don’t always belong to the intellectual (myriad, elite)
our course in life sciences has given us some idea of the (myriad,unison)
i don’t think anyone can hope to (vie,perturb)with gloria in the election for “most popular student”
unless you want to (amass,instigate) a quarrel, dont make insulting remarks about my friends and family
by the twentieth mile of a marathon, many runners have reached the end of their(perspective,tether)
can you imagine what a (relevant,prodigious)amount of research is needed for a multivolume reference book such as the Encyclopedia Britannica
in the next chorus, please try to sing in (unison,compliance)
do you really think your story is (relevant,compliant) to this conversation
Level C Unit 3 Completing The Sentence Answers
1. Trying to navigate through rush-hour raffic on a high-speed expressway can be a nightmare for a(n) ____________ driver.
2. You will have to use a(n) ______________ to recover the lobster trap from the bottom of the bay.
3. I am completely ______________ of sympathy for anyone who loses a job because of carelessness and indifference.
4. In wartime, it is not unusual for secret agents to be sent behind enemy lines in an effort to ______________ a rebellion.
5. If all the members of the cast work in ___________, I am sure we will have a successful class show.
6. I know that you are a brilliant student, but I am still amazed that you could ___________ such a vast store of information so quickly.
7. Though we have made many outstanding contributions to the conquest of space, landing men on the moon is probably our most ______________ achievement.
8. He joined the ___________ group of athletes who have run a mile in under four minutes.
9. Before we set out on the camping trip, our Scout leader _____________ special tasks and responsibilities to each one of us.
10. The _____________ child insisted on wearing sneakers to her sister’s wedding.
11. Someday, when you see this event in its proper _______________, you will realize that it is not as important as it seems now.
13. The autumn night sky, with its _______________ of stars, always fills me with awe and wonder.
14. We can thank modern medical science for the increased ______________ of human beings in most parts of the world.
16. I refuse to ____________ with any order issued by a person who has absolutely no knowledge of the project I’m working on.
12. The disease had so ____________ the poor woman that she was no longer able to leave her bed.
15. Dad said, “I am ______________, not because you failed the exam, but because you still seem unable to understand why you failed it.”
17. A number of cities ___________ with one another to be chosen as the site of a national political convention.
18. When he seemed hopelessly defeated, General George Washington crossed the Delaware River and launched a(n) _____________ surprise attack on the Hessians.
19. Since the town meeting tonight has been called to deal with conservation, only discussion ______________ to that subject will be allowed.
20. There in the middle of the garden was a goat ____________ to a stake.
Level C Unit 3 Synonyms and Antonyms Answers
SYNONYMS: environment DEFICIENT IN water resources
SYNONYMS: repeated delays that IRRITATED the passengers
SYNONYMS: seemed to PROVOKE an argument
SYNONYMS: DOLED OUT four tickets
SYNONYMS: ACCUMULATED a huge collection of folk art
SYNONYMS: SUBMIT TO the terms of the treaty
SYNONYMS: arrived at CONSENSUS on the course of action
SYNONYMS: chose only the SELECT FEW
SYNONYMS: bred for their ENDURANCE
SYNONYMS: an illness that DISABLES young and old alike
ANTONYMS: called in to SUPPRESS the protestors
ANTONYMS: a river TEEMING WITH fish
ANTONYMS: left the army RESTORED
ANTONYMS: arrested for DISOBEYING the law
ANTONYMS: the BREVITY of the public’s interest in the story
Level C Unit 3 Vocabulary in Context Answers
Let us know if this was helpful. That’s the only way we can improve.
The Quizzma Team is a collective of experienced educators, subject matter experts, and content developers dedicated to providing accurate and high-quality educational resources. With a diverse range of expertise across various subjects, the team collaboratively reviews, creates, and publishes content to aid in learning and self-assessment.
Each piece of content undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy, relevance, and clarity. The Quizzma Team is committed to fostering a conducive learning environment for individuals and continually strives to provide reliable and valuable educational resources on a wide array of topics. Through collaborative effort and a shared passion for education, the Quizzma Team aims to contribute positively to the broader learning community.