We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
The U.S. quarter has a mass of 5.67 g and is approximately 1.55 mm thick. How many quarters would have to be stacked to reach 575 ft, the height of the Washington Monument?
Answer: 1.13 x 10^5 quarters.
- Begin with the height in feet.
- Use a conversion factor to convert feet into inches.
- Use a conversion factor to convert inches into centimeters.
- Use a conversion factor to convert centimeters into meters.
- Use a conversion factor to convert meters into millimeters.
- Use the thickness per quarter as a conversion factor to convert millimeters into the number of quarters.
Was this helpful?
The Quizzma Team is a collective of experienced educators, subject matter experts, and content developers dedicated to providing accurate and high-quality educational resources. With a diverse range of expertise across various subjects, the team collaboratively reviews, creates, and publishes content to aid in learning and self-assessment.
Each piece of content undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy, relevance, and clarity. The Quizzma Team is committed to fostering a conducive learning environment for individuals and continually strives to provide reliable and valuable educational resources on a wide array of topics. Through collaborative effort and a shared passion for education, the Quizzma Team aims to contribute positively to the broader learning community.