We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
to a lawyer
place may be filled by a temporary appointment made by
1965 Alabama Literacy Test
- Which of the following is a right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights?
_____Trial by Jury
- The federal census of population is taken every five years.
- If a person is indicted for a crime, name two rights which he has.
- A U.S. senator elected at the general election in November takes office the following year
on what date?
- A President elected at the general election in November takes office the following year
on what date?
- Which definition applies to the word “amendment?”
_____Proposed change, as in a Constitution
_____Make of peace between nationals at war
_____A part of the government
- A person appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court is appointed for a term of __________
- When the Constitution was approved by the original colonies, how many states had to
ratify it in order for it to be in effect? _________________________________________
- Does enumeration affect the income tax levied on citizens in various states? __________
- Person opposed to swearing in an oath may say, instead:
- To serve as President of the United States, a person must have attained:
_____25 years of age
_____35 years of age
_____40 years of age
_____45 years of age
- What words are required by law to be on all coins and paper currency of the U.S.?
- The Supreme Court is the chief lawmaking body of the state.
- If a law passed by a state is contrary to provisions of the U.S. Constitution, which law
- If a vacancy occurs in the U.S. Senate, the state must hold an election, but meanwhile the
place may be filled by a temporary appointment made by _________________________
- A U.S. senator is elected for a term of _____ years.
- Appropriation of money for the armed services can be only for a period limited to _____
- The chief executive and the administrative offices make up the ___________________
branch of government.
- Who passes laws dealing with piracy?_________________________________________
- The number of representatives which a state is entitled to have in the House of
Representatives is based on _________________________________________________
- The Constitution protects an individual against punishments which are _______________
- When a jury has heard and rendered a verdict in a case, and the judgment on the verdict
has become final, the defendant cannot again be brought to trial for the same cause.
- Name two levels of government which can levy taxes: ____________________________
- Communisn was the type of government in:
- Cases tried before a court of law are two types, civil and _________________________.
- By a majority vote of the members of Congress, the Congress can change provisions of
the Constitution of the U.S.
- For security, each state has a right to form a _________________________________.
- The electoral vote for President is counted in the presence of two bodies. Name them:
- If no candidate for President receives a majority of the electoral vote, who decides who
will become President?___________________________________________________
- Of the original 13 states, the one with the largest representation in the first Congress was
- Of which branch of government is the Speaker of the House a part?
- Capital punishment is the giving of a death sentence.
- In case the President is unable to perform the duties of his office, who assumes them?
- “Involuntary servitude” is permitted in the U.S. upon conviction of a crime.
- If a state is a party to a case, the Constitution provides that original jurisdiction shall be in
- Congress passes laws regulating cases which are included in those over which the U.S.
Supreme Court has ____________________________________________ jurisdiction.
- Which of the following is a right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights of the U.S.
_____Trial by Jury
- The Legislatures of the states decide how presidential electors may be chosen.
- If it were proposed to join Alabama and Mississippi to form one state, what groups would
have to vote approval in order for this to be done?________________________________
- The Vice President presides over ____________________________________________.
- The Constitution limits the size of the District of Columbia to ____________________
- The only laws which can be passed to apply to an area in a federal arsenal are those
passed by ___________________________________________ provided consent for the
purchase of the land is given by the _________________________________________.
- In which document or writing is the “Bill of Rights” found?______________________.
- Of which branch of government is a Supreme Court justice a part?
- If no person receives a majority of the electoral votes, the Vice President is chosen by the
- Name two things which the states are forbidden to do by the U.S. Constitution.
- If election of the President becomes the duty of the U.S. House of Representatives and it
fails to act, who becomes President and when? _________________________________
- How many votes must a person receive in order to become President if the election is
decided by the U.S. House of Representatives? _______________________________
- How many states were required to approve the original Constitution in order for it to be
in effect? ______________________________________________________________
- Check the offenses which, if you are convicted of them, disqualify you for voting:
_____Issuing worthless checks
- The Congress decides in what manner states elect presidential electors.
- Name two of the purposes of the U.S. Constitution. _____________________________
- Congress is composed of __________________________________________________.
- All legislative powers granted in the U.S. Constitution may legally be used only by
- The population census is required to be made very _____ years.
- Impeachments of U.S. officials are tried by ___________________________________.
- If an effort to impeach the President of the U.S. is made, who presides at the trial?
- On the impeachment of the chief justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S., who tries the
- Money is coined by order of:
_____The President’s Cabinet
- Persons elected to case a state’s vote for U.S. President and Vice President are called
- Name one power which is exclusively legislative and is mentioned in one of the parts of
the U.S. Constitution above______________________________________________.
- If a person flees from justice into another state, who has authority to ask for his return?
- Whose duty is it to keep Congress informed of the state of the union? _____________
- If the two houses of Congress cannot agree on adjournment, who sets the time?
- When presidential electors meet to case ballots for President, must all electors in a state
vote for the same person for President or can they vote for different persons if they so
- After the presidential electors have voted, to whom do they send the count of their votes?
- The power to declare war is vested in ________________________________________.
- Any power and rights not given to the U.S. or prohibited to the states by the U.S.
Constitution are specified as belonging to whom? ______________________________
Was this helpful?
The Quizzma Team is a collective of experienced educators, subject matter experts, and content developers dedicated to providing accurate and high-quality educational resources. With a diverse range of expertise across various subjects, the team collaboratively reviews, creates, and publishes content to aid in learning and self-assessment.
Each piece of content undergoes a rigorous review process to ensure accuracy, relevance, and clarity. The Quizzma Team is committed to fostering a conducive learning environment for individuals and continually strives to provide reliable and valuable educational resources on a wide array of topics. Through collaborative effort and a shared passion for education, the Quizzma Team aims to contribute positively to the broader learning community.