We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Tell us about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page. Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) will help you a lot when searching through such a large set of questions.
Which of the following are methods for providing centralized authentication, authorization, and accounting for remote access? (Select two.)
|TACACS+ and RADIUS are the correct answers.|
You have decided to implement a remote access solution that uses multiple remote access servers. You want to implement RADIUS to centralize remote access authentication and authorization.
Which of the following is a required part of your configuration?
– Configure the remote access severs as RADIUS servers.
– Configure remote access clients as RADIUS clients.
– Configure the remote access servers as RADIUS clients.
– Obtain certificates from a public or private PKI.
|Configure the remote access servers as RADIUS clients.|
Which of the following are characteristics of TACACS+? (Select two.)
– Allows the possibility of two different servers, one for authentication and authorization, and another for accounting.
– Allows the possibility of three different servers, one for each authentication, authorization, and accounting.
– Uses TCP.
– Uses UDP.
|– Allows the possibility of three different servers, one for each authentication, authorization, and accounting.
– Uses TCP.
Which of the following are difference between RADIUS and TACACS+?
– RADIUS combines authenticaiton and authorization into a single function; TACACS+ allows these services to be split between different servers.
– RADIUS uses TCP; TACACS+ uses UDP.
– RADIUS encrypts the entire packet contents; TACACS+ only encrypts the password.
– RADIUS supports more protocols than TACACS+
|RADIUS combines authenticaiton and authorization into a single function; TACACS+ allows these services to be split between different servers.|
Which of the following protocols can be used to centralize remote access authentication?
RADIUS is primarily used for what purpose?
– Managing access to a network over a VPN.
– Managing RAID fault-tolerant drive configurations.
– Controlling entry gate access using proximity sensors.
– Authenticating remote clients before access to the network is granted.
|Authenticating remote clients before access to the network is granted.|
Which of the following is a characteristic of TACACS+?
– Requires that authentication and authorization are combined in a single server.
– Encrypts the entire packet, not just authentication packets.
– Uses UDP ports 1812 and 1813.
– Supports only TCP/IP.
|Encrypts the entire packet, not just authentication packets.|
Which of the following ports are used with TACACS?
– 50 and 51
– 1812 and 1813
You are configuring your computer to dial up to the internet. What protocol should you use?
Which of the following protocols or services is commonly used on cable internet connections for user authentication?
You have just signed up for internet access using a local provider that gives you a fiber optic line into your house. From there, Ethernet and wireless connections are used to create a small network within your home.
Which of the following protocols would be sued to provide authentication, authorization, and accounting for the internet connection?
You want to set up a service that allows multiple users to dial in to the office server from modems on their home computers. What service should you implement?
You often travel away from the office. While traveling, you would like to use a modem on your laptop computer to connect directly to a server in your office and access files on that server that you need.
You want the connection to be as secure as possible. Which type of connection will you need?
– Remote access
– Virtual private network
Which type of device is required to implement port authentication through a switch?
– Proxy server
– Layer 3 switch
– RADIUS server