We thoroughly check each answer to a question to provide you with the most correct answers. Found a mistake? Let us know about it through the REPORT button at the bottom of the page.
1. Which of the following activities is included under the ESF #13 scope?
A. Providing expertise and coordination for security planning efforts and conducting technical assessments.
B. Assuming primary responsibility for site security at the Joint Field Office and its employees.
C. Leading investigations related to actual or suspected terrorist attacks against U.S. citizens and interests.
D. Credentialing local Public Safety and Security personnel to ensure that jurisdiction are in compliance with NIMS.
2. The National Operations Center is the focal point and operational control center for all Federal intelligence, law enforcement, and investigative law enforcement activities related to domestic terrorist incidents or credible threats.
3. ESF #13 is activated only AFTER an incident threatening public safety and security has occurred.
4. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has National Response Teams (NRTs) to assist Federal, State, tribal, and local investigators at the scene of significant explosives and fire incidents.
5. Which ESF #13 support agency may establish security zones, inspect and search vessels and waterfront facilities, and supervise and control the movement of vessels.
A. Customs and Border Protection
B. Transportation Security Administration
C. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
D. United States Coast Guard
6. During an incident requiring a coordinated Federal response, ESF #13 supplements State, local, and tribal law enforcement resources – not replaces them.
7. Which ESF #13 support agency provides support to medical prophylaxis, disease surveillance, criminal investigation, emergency response, waste disposal, and bioterrorism response operations?
A. U.S. Postal Service
B. Environmental Protection Agency
C. Department of Veterans Affairs
D. Customs and Border Protection
8. As a support agency, the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate provides rapid science and technology subject-matter expertise to response units, interagency partners, and State, tribal, and local entities.
9. Emergency Support Function (ESF) #13 – Public Safety and Security assumes responsibility for investigative actions related to an incident, including the management of terrorism investigations.
10. Which agency serves as the ESF #13 coordinator?
A. Department of Homeland Security
B. Department of Defense
C. Department of Justice
D. Occupational Safety and Health Administration